Why CNC machining is important in the aerospace industry
Posted by Admin
The production capacity of aerospace manufacturing can reflect a country's national defense technology and economic strength. The demand for CNC technology and equipment in aerospace production is very clear and urgent. The quantity, function, precision, processing capacity and use level of CNC machine tools are of great significance to the aviation industry. Why use CNC machining in aerospace, and what are the characteristics of CNC aircraft parts? We will explore these issues below.
Why is CNC important in the aerospace industry? The aviation industry has very high or even strict requirements on the structural design, function, performance, product quality and reliability of products. Many new materials and structures are primarily used in aircraft components. National defense needs and market competition requirements greatly shorten the development cycle and production cycle of aerospace products. In addition, the average cost of the final product needs to continue to decline, thus placing higher demands on the aerospace manufacturing industry and requiring advanced manufacturing skills. Modern CNC machining is a key part of advanced fabrication skills and has become a decisive key skill, especially in aerospace fabrication. The following advantages of CNC machining services make them important in the aerospace industry:
- It is the process of summarizing various advanced skill types, including computer technology, communication technology, modern production technology, digital manipulation technology, etc.
- In the CNC machining/turning process, the development of new products and the machining of another batch can be realized by simply changing the settings and parameters of the CNC machine, greatly improving automation and flexibility.
- Multi-pass CNC machining can be actively completed on one machine or in one clamping, which greatly shortens the machining time and production cycle, and also improves the efficiency.
- CNC machining/turning technology can improve the accuracy of aerospace products, reduce or minimize manufacturing errors, and make CNC aircraft parts with higher quality and durability.
- Most materials for aerospace components need to be cut and machined during the manufacturing process.
CNC Aircraft Part Types and Features What are aerospace products? Aircraft can be divided into fuselage, engine, airborne equipment and components according to structure, including wings, large siding and tail structure, shell, valve body, hydraulic valve, optical tube, rotor blade, fasteners, connectors, etc.
The main features of CNC machining aerospace parts are as follows: High performance: the use of new difficult-to-machine materials such as titanium; Lightweight: many use thin-walled structures; Accuracy: Continuously improve machining accuracy; High efficiency: higher speed and efficiency are required; Reliability and economy: increasingly stringent quality and cost controls.